Thursday, April 2, 2009

Truffle Mania


(For a larger picture, click anywhere in this photo.)

I love making truffles!

Working with chocolate is the best. It's a great way to be artistic, express myself, and get a wicked sugar/caffeine buzz all at the same time.

I made the truffles pictured above about a year and a half ago. I had just started my confection business, Urban Chocolatier, and I thought it would be a good idea to have a roll-out party.

The flavors you see in the photo above are:

Lemon white chocolate/raspberry dark chocolate (the triangular ones)

Pistachio marzipan

Salted caramel milk chocolate

Chai milk chocolate

Ginger white chocolate

Rum balls.

Speaking of rum balls...



I had never really tried rum balls or bourbon balls until I was developing my product line and wanted to offer something with a lower price point. I figured, why not?

The picture above is a shot of some tempting rum balls I just made for fun one day.

Here are the rest of the truffles from the party:



Truffles in this shot (that weren't already listed above) include:

Coffee (the square ones with the dark chocolate bean on top)

Chocolate-dipped marzipan (the ones with the lines on top)

Peanut butter dark chocolate

Bailey's milk chocolate

Bourbon balls

Gianduja (hazelnut and milk chocolate).

No comments:

Post a Comment