Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Loafin' Around



Most people who know me are aware that I'm addicted to olive bread. I can easily put away an entire loaf by myself. When I was a teenager, I would often go with my brother to Thriftway at 9:45 pm so we could catch the 50% off bread markdown that would occur every night at 10. Most of the time I was able to score a cheap loaf of some tasty olive bread. Exciting times, I know! What can I say? It kept me out of trouble.

However, now that I've figured out how to bake my own bread, I no longer feel the need to go on late-night artisan bread runs. I made the loaves pictured above using a recipe from the Panera cookbook. I made them a couple years ago and haven't made them since. They were too good! I'm the same way with chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. There is no self-control once the box is opened. So now I wait for really, really special occasions to make olive bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment