Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cupcakes



Yet another birthday!

I always like to celebrate a friend's birthday by baking something special. Usually it's a special cake, but I was really feeling some cake fatigue setting in with all the birthdays we've been having lately. Wanting to do something a little different, I decided last week to break the cake monotomy with some nice cupcakes.

(And yeah, I'm aware that cupcakes are not that different from cake. Still, they're different enough.)



They were as fun to make as they were to eat! I've always loved piping, and these little treats were just begging for some squiggles. And the best part is, I made these cupcakes gluten-free, so the birthday girl could actually eat them. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are gluten-free? I want one!! That's so cool that you made them look like truffles. Very nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look amazing! Now I'm going to be craving chocolate cake -- of the regular or cup variety -- for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete